Complete digestive care
Stomach and digestive discomfort can leave you suffering – often in silence. If you're ready to get relief, you've come to the right place. Our specialists at Goshen Physicians Gastroenterology provide comprehensive gastroenterological services.
- Diagnostic care
- Advanced treatment options
- Preventive services and screenings
Commitment to quality
You can rest assured that you’re receiving top-notch care because we monitor our procedure performance against national benchmarks with GIQuIC, a nationally recognized quality metric tracking program. GIQuIC generates dynamic reporting for faster procedure results and diagnosis. We also have a gastrointestinal pathologist on our team for expert diagnostic evaluation. In addition, we use high definition scopes for enhanced visualization of the mucosa (lining) of the gastrointestinal tract.
We are committed to quality care and take pride in our Gastroenterologists’ high-status adenoma detection rates, a combined average of 56% for screening colonoscopies. An adenoma detection rate reflects how carefully the colonoscopy was performed to find precancerous polyps. Experts in the field consider an adenoma detection rate of 47-48 or higher in the mastery level.
Why is the adenoma detection rate so important?
For every one percent increase in a physician's adenoma detection rate, your risk of colon cancer decreases by three percent along with a five percent decrease in the risk of a fatal colon cancer occurring before your next colonoscopy.
- EndoFLIP® advanced imaging system: evaluates the esophageal motion and its compliance
- Endoscopic mucosal resection: removes many polyps or lesions of the gastrointestinal tract which previously required surgery
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS): details the view of the different layers of the gastrointestinal organs
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): alows intervention in the piping of the liver and pancreas
- Esophageal manometry: evaluates the esophageal motion
- FibroScan: non-invasive assessment of the liver for scar tissue
- pH analysis: tests the amount of acid and nonacid in the esophagus
- Capsule endoscopy: assesses small bowel for lesions
- Radiofrequency ablation: helps eradicate certain causes of Barrett’s Esophagus
Dr. Rashid specializes in advanced interventional endoscopic procedures. During his endoscopy fellowship, he trained in the latest, state-of-the-art techniques for diagnosing, staging and treating benign and malignant diseases of the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, pancreas, liver, bile duct, small intestine and colon.
We can help
For more information about Goshen Physicians Gastroenterology or to schedule an appointment, call (574) 537-1625.