Rehabilitation for hearts and lungs
Don't let heart or lung disease keep you down. Our Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Goshen Heart & Vascular Center offers everything you need to maintain your health and enjoy what's most important to you. Here, you can follow an exercise program designed just for you, learn ways to modify your lifestyle, and understand more about your condition.
Whether you had a heart attack or angina or you live with COPD or emphysema, a supervised rehabilitation program can help you improve your quality of life and lessen the health effects of your disease. You work with an experienced team, including an exercise physiologist, registered nurse and respiratory therapist, to develop a treatment plan specifically for you. That means supervised care to help you live longer, with better strength and endurance and a lower risk of more heart or lung problems.
A step in the right direction
We provide rehabilitation services for patients in the hospital as well as a supervised and monitored exercise program at our fitness center. Here, you get the education and support you need to improve your health and well-being.
- Control disease symptoms, such as chest pain or breath problems
- Stop or reverse damage to your blood vessels in your heart
- Lessen the physical and emotional effects of heart or lung disease
- Improve your stamina and strength, getting you back to your usual activities, including work, hobbies and regular exercise
Know the criteria
You may be eligible to participate in our Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program if you have received a diagnosis of heart disease or chronic lung disease.
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery angioplasty or stents
- Open heart surgery, such as coronary bypass or valve surgery
- Heart failure
- Heart transplantation
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer and lung cancer surgery
- Lung volume reduction surgery before and after lung transplantation
Most health insurance coverage includes cardiopulmonary rehabilitation. Check your plan to determine copays or other requirements.
We also offer free support groups and a smoking cessation class that meet regularly to help you change the way you live.
Live your life
Did you know that recent scientific studies have shown that people who complete a cardiac rehabilitation program can increase their life expectancy by up to five years?
Call (574) 364-2587 to find out more about our cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program.