A day full of heart!
FREE indoor event for the whole family.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2018
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Elkhart County 4-H Fairgrounds
Elkhart County Community | Center Building
17746 C.R. 34 | Goshen, IN 46528
Gate 2 for parking
To help raise awareness of heart health, Goshen Heart & Vascular Center is providing an event with hands-on education and fun ways to learn how to care for our hearts and appreciate the essential functions of our heart and vascular systems.
Explore “touch and see” innovation stations
- Prevention - You can prevent heart disease! Learn about apps to help you improve or maintain heart health. Talk with our tobacco treatment specialist about how smoking affects your heart.
- Heart Conditions - Explore the heart on a large screen and see how various heart conditions affect the heart’s ability to pump blood (and oxygen) to the rest of the body.
- Testing - Watch live cardiac testing with an EKG machine, 3D echocardiogram and a mobile cardiac monitor – technology that helps healthcare providers uncover and diagnose heart conditions so they can be treated before resulting in a heart attack or stroke.
- Cardiac Cath Lab - Pick-up and examine tiny heart devices – stents, balloons, wires, guide catheters and more – that are used to address blockages and restore normal blood flow.
- EP Lab - See how 3D electrical mapping of the inside of the heart is done and learn how we treat irregular heartbeats.
- Clinics - Heart patients may need a pacemaker, defibrillator or medication to help their hearts continue to work effectively after a procedure. We’ll show you these devices and explain how we monitor them.
- Rehab - How complicated are heart stress tests? You can watch demonstrations at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. We’ll tell you all about how we help get your heart health back on track.
- Emergency Care - Walk into an ambulance and find out about the care given during a heart emergency. We’ll also show you how to perform hands-only CPR.
FREE health screenings
- Blood pressure, pulse and blood oxygen level
- Body composition
- Fitness evaluation
- Heart and vascular risk assessments
MEGA® Heart tours
- Explore and learn how what you eat and do affects your heart.
- Check out different animal heartbeats (pig, cow, etc.). Listen to your own heartbeat with a stethoscope and Doppler.
- Discover what your blood is made of with a fun hands-on activity.
- Find out how arteries clog and heart attacks occur by crawling through a healthy blood vessel and comparing it to one that has plaque built up inside.
- Snap memorable pictures of yourself and your friends in the photo booth.
Heart disease is the number one cause of deaths for men and women in the U.S. We believe, by partnering with our patients, their families and our community, we can change that. This event is just one way to find out more about what you can do to prevent or address heart disease in you and your family. Talking to your primary care provider is another.
For questions or more information, please call (574) 364-2496.