Questions about Caregiving?
Goshen, Ind. – Most people have or will be a caregiver in some capacity. The caregiver role can be rewarding, but also can be difficult and overwhelming, leaving a caregiver with many questions such as:
- What types of home care is available?
- How can my parents still stay in their home?
- Can mom afford to move to Independent Living?
- What are the differences in assisted living and nursing care?Are services available to help with shopping, transportation, etc?
- How can we handle our loved one’s financial affairs before it’s too late?
- What resources are out there for help?
- What are my options as conditions worsen?
Caregiver’s Navigation event, this Saturday, can help answer these and other questions.
In August, Beth received a call that her dad, John, had fallen at his home. John’s health and needs changed dramatically over the next few months and John passed away in October. Beth and her family learned that they had many overwhelming decisions that needed to be made. Beth said that this was the most difficult, stressful and exhausting time in her life – and caring for her dad wasn’t the hardest part. The majority of the stress came from questions and decisions that need to be made, trying to find out about various housing options, types of care, Medicare and supplemental insurance, legal questions regarding Bob’s estate and finances and countless other questions that this couple had been faced with.
Goshen Health, Greencroft Communities, Firefly Homecare, LLC, along with many community organizations have partnered and designed Caregivers Navigation, an event that provides resources and education for caregivers. This extraordinary event will be held on Saturday, November 12, 2016 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Goshen Hospital in the Arbor Conference Center at 200 High Park Avenue, Goshen, Indiana. Cost (in advance) is only $10 and includes lunch and a resource guide. There will also be exhibitors that can help answer questions for caregivers:
- Greencroft Goshen
- Firefly Home Care, LLC
- Goshen Health
- Goshen Home Medical
- Goshen Home Care & Hospice
- Goshen Center for Cancer Care
- Goshen Foundation
- Retreat Women’s Health Center
- Community Wellness & Education
- Nephew Pharmacy
- Caregiver Homes of Indiana
- Indiana SHIP
- Real Services - Alzheimer & Dementia Services
- Paul Eash – Elder Care Attorney
- The Maples
- Eastlake Terrace
- Riverview Adult Day Care
- Courtyard Healthcare Center
- Boling Vision
- Bass Audiology
- Old National Bank
- Golden Living Elkhart
- State of Indiana – Office of Attorney General
- Council on Aging – Elkhart County
This is truly a must attend for family and professional caregivers. Anyone providing care for a loved one or that may be caring for someone in the future, should register. Caregiving is a journey and this event will help caregivers with straightforward education, discussion and resources.
This event sold out last year, and early registration is strongly suggested. Register now by calling (877) 566-4660 or online at goshenhealth.com/events. For further information or questions, call Marlies at (574) 215-8732 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Goshen Health:
Goshen Health is an award-winning health system that is recognized locally and nationally for its innovation, excellence in patient care and Colleague workplace satisfaction. The organization has achieved these honors by taking a values-driven approach to health care, focusing on compassion, accountability, respect and excellence in every endeavor.