Therapy to restore speech, communication and swallowing functions
When you have difficulty communicating or swallowing, your whole world changes. That’s why we offer comprehensive speech and swallowing therapy programs at Goshen Rehabilitation to help you regain vital connections and enjoy life again.
Whether you have speech-related problems caused by injury, illness, surgery or congenital disorders, our providers help you improve your ability to communicate with the world around you. Specially trained speech language pathologists also address difficulties with swallowing and eating.
Road map to recovery
We know you want to express thoughts and needs to those around you. That’s why we work with you to build a treatment plan that’s tailored specifically for you. Speech therapy can improve quality of life and increase independence.
- Develop clearer, more easily understood speech
- Improve problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Enhance reading comprehension skills
- Expand language skills
- Improve understanding of spoken language
- Overcome attention and concentration impairments
- Regain function after head injury or stroke
- Improve swallowing and eating functions
- Reduce recurrence of pneumonia
- Recover functions after head or neck surgery
Our approach to speech therapy
Everything we do at Goshen Rehabilitation is centered around taking care of you. That means we do more than treat a speech or language difficulty – we consider the whole person. We assess your challenges, capabilities and goals and help guide you through recovery.
Our speech therapists provide a range of testing, evaluations and procedures:
- Aural rehabilitation for deaf or hard-of-hearing patients
- Language and comprehension assessments
- LSVT LOUD program for patients with Parkinson’s disease
- Rehabilitation for patients with Bell’s palsy
- Rehabilitation for jaw disorders
- Speech and language therapy, including sign language
- Speech production assessments
- Stuttering assessments
- Swallowing evaluations and therapy
- Swallowing, voice and speech therapy for patients with head and neck cancer
- Thinking and cognitive skills assessments
- Voice assessments and therapy
Pediatric speech therapy
We know how important speech and hearing are to developing vital life skills for children. Our pediatric speech therapists are specially trained to provide our younger patients with the right kind of care at the right time in their development.
Our rehabilitation services include treatment for:
- Communication difficulties, including augmentative and alternative communication devices
- Feeding aversion
- Language comprehension
- Speech and language use, including sign language
- Speech production
Close to home or work
We have several locations to make access to our rehabilitation services convenient for you. Our facilities are equipped with the resources our team of rehabilitation experts needs to help you get back to living life again.
We can help
Find out how our team at Goshen Rehabilitation can help get you back to the best of life. Call (574) 537-0962 or (855) 432-8493.