Student Nurse Opportunities
We have a summer extern program for student nurses. Serving as an extern increases your confidence and expertise, giving you a chance to put into practice the knowledge you’re gaining from your education. In addition, you learn what it’s like to work on a nursing team and explore a specific area of nursing, so you’ll have a better idea what you want to do when you graduate.
- 10-week summer program, June 3 – August 9, 2019
- 36 to 40 hours per week
- Specialty tracks with rotations in a variety of nursing areas
- One-on-one dedicated time with RN
- Monthly educational offerings
- Competitive pay
- Currently enrolled in an accredited BSN program and in good standing.
- Entering final pre-licensure year of nursing school (graduating in December 2019 to May 2020)
- 3.0 GPA or higher
How to Apply:
- Completed online application and attach resume and cover letter
- Proof of CPR and immunizations required upon acceptance
- Email complete extern program packet
- Summer preference form
- Two faculty recommendation forms
- Skills validation form
- Official transcript
Candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview on one of the following dates/times:
- Monday, February 4, 2019, 8 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, February 8, 2019, 8 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, February 14, 2019, 8 to 2 p.m.
Email completed packet to the following address by February 1, 2019. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
Sondra Slone, Recruiter
Human Resources | Goshen Hospital