Mother & Newborn Care
Childbirth and newborn education
First-time parent? Looking for a refresher before your baby arrives? We can find the right class for you.
YoMingo: Digital health information for pregnancy and parenting
Goshen Hospital offers childbirth education anytime, anywhere and on any device. YoMingo is an online education tool designed to give expecting parents convenient, evidence-based information on pregnancy and child development. Access the YoMingo app on your smartphone or tablet, or create an account on your computer.
To create an account, please click here.
- Evidence-based education on pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and newborn care
- Information specific to your arrival and stay at Goshen Hospital
- Community health resources
- Information on childbirth classes and Tiny Details Birth Planner
- Pregnancy milestones
- Kick counter
- Contraction timer
- Feeding log
- Personal journal
- You will be asked to answer a few questions, then click “Submit”.
- You will receive an email invitation from “MyYoMingo” with a link, your user name and a temporary password. You will be required to create a new password upon your first login.
- After logging in for the first time, you can access YoMingo on any device with an internet connection. You can also download the free “MyYoMingo” app from your Apple or Android app store.
- YoMingo is available in multiple languages.
YoMingo content is FREE. If you do not have access to the internet or would prefer a comprehensive guide to be sent to your home, please call (574) 364-2582. For questions or concerns, please contact the Childbirth Education Coordinator at (574) 364-2582.
Already registered? Click here to log in to Goshen Hospital’s YoMingo.
It is required that you register for YoMingo prior to attending Understanding Childbirth eClass.
Understanding Childbirth eClass
Understanding Childbirth eClass is a live Zoom class to help you prepare for the birth of your baby. Topics include: end of pregnancy, labor and birth, comfort measures, pain management options, creating a birth plan, breastfeeding, newborn care and postpartum recovery.
The cost is $25 and registration is required. To register for our one-day version of the course, please click here or call (574) 364-2582. To register for our two-evening version of the course, please click here or call (574) 364-2582.
For more information, or if the class creates a financial hardship for you, please call (574) 364-2582 or send us an email.
Our Sibling Class is not available in a virtual format. If you are interested in learning more about how to prepare your child to welcome a new sibling at home or would like an activity book mailed to you, please call (574) 364-2582 or send us an email.
Tiny Details Birth Planning Service
Experienced parent looking for a refresher on what to expect when you come to Goshen Hospital? Unable to take a live childbirth education class? We can help!
Our Tiny Details Birth Planning Service is a free, personalized phone or Zoom appointment allows you to meet privately with an experienced OB nurse. Your birth planner will answer your questions and provide you with the latest information on services, products and support available to help ensure a healthy birth and baby.
To schedule your free birth planner appointment, please call (574) 364-BABY or send us an email.