Bariatrics & Managed Weight Reduction
A healthy weight range is on the horizon
A healthy weight means you’re carrying the right amount of weight for your height. Body mass index (BMI) measures this weight-to-height ratio and is a primary factor in determining if you’re at risk for weight-related conditions, such as obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
What is a healthy BMI?
A healthy BMI is between 18.5-24.9, while a BMI over 25 indicates overweight.
Full BMI weight status categories are:
- Underweight = BMI below 18.5
- Normal or healthy weight = BMI 18.5-24.9
- Overweight = 25-29.9
- Obese = 30-39.9
- Extremely Obese = 40 or greater
Managing your weight and BMI at Goshen Health
It’s not always easy doing what it takes to get to a healthy BMI. Making healthy choices and exercising regularly takes time and effort.
Goshen Physicians Center for Weight Reduction offers nutrition and fitness services that include:
- Fitness classes – including a variety of aerobic and strength training classes
- Personal trainers – certified fitness experts who work with you to create a personalized workout plan
- Alternative exercises – workouts that include modifications to meet your fitness needs
When you need advanced weight loss treatment, our weight loss experts at Goshen Physicians Center for Weight Reduction offer weight loss surgery, medically managed weight loss programs and support groups.