Heart and Vascular
Preparing for your visit at Goshen Heart & Vascular Center
When you come to Goshen Heart & Vascular Center, we want you to feel confident and ready for your appointment. Being familiar with your care team and procedure can lessen any anxiety and give you a sense of control over your health care. Whether it’s your first time visiting us or you’re returning for treatment, we’re ready to help you have a safe and comfortable doctor’s visit in Goshen, IN.
Want to know what it’s like to receive care with us? Read our patient stories and get to know our heart and vascular team.
How to prepare for a cardiac procedure
Before the day of your procedure, your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to help make your experience safe and efficient.
Generally, you can prepare for a cardiac procedure by:
- Following eating and drinking restrictions in the hours before your procedure
- Stopping smoking as soon as possible
- Sleeping eight or nine hours a night as many days as possible before the procedure
- Exercising regularly and safely losing weight if you are overweight
Let your care team know if you need help with any of the tips above, such as losing weight or quitting smoking.
Questions to ask at your doctor's visit
It's natural for you and your family to have questions about your treatment. To better understand your care plan, you may want to ask the following questions:
- Am I a candidate for a minimally invasive procedure?
- How long will the procedure take? When will I go home?
- What restrictions will I have afterwards? What kind of help will I need at home?
- How should I contact you during and after regular hours? When will I see you for follow-up appointments?
What to bring on the day of your procedure
On the day of your procedure, be sure to bring:
- A current list of medications, including supplements and vitamins
- A list of all your medical conditions and allergies
- Any insurance paperwork
- A list of questions you may have for your care team
- A trusted friend or family member to help you remember your doctor’s answers
Leave jewelry and other valuables at home or have a family member safeguard them. We’ll provide you with personal care items once you’re admitted.
Getting ready for a cardiac procedure? View and print your preoperative instructions online.
The compassionate team at Goshen Heart & Vascular Center will help you prepare for your cardiac procedure in Goshen, IN.