Providers' Quick Guide
Address: 200 High Park Avenue, Goshen, IN 46526 Map
Phone: (574) 364-2510
Fax: (574) 364-2499
Goshen Hospitalists & Intensivists provider team page
Goshen Hospital is proud of our Hospitalist Program. We partner with Apogee Physicians, the nation’s leading hospitalist group, to allow for greater physician flexibility, while ensuring our patients receive the highest quality inpatient care.
Our hospitalist team is made up of internal medicine physicians, nurse practitioners and patient information coordinators.
- To provide inpatient care for unassigned patients via the emergency department
- Unassigned patients are assigned to a PCP in their geographical area for follow-up care upon admission. This ensures complete and accurate communication with the assigned PCP, resulting in a smooth and seamless transition from inpatient care to follow-up care.
- To provide inpatient care for medical staff members (outside of Goshen) who do not currently admit patients directly.
- Co-management of inpatient care for the Goshen Physicians specialists.
- Transition to coverage for inpatient care for PCPs who choose to utilize this service.
Patient information coordinators (PICs)
The role of the patient information coordinators (PICs) is to communicate with both the patient as well as the PCP’s office to ensure a seamless transition from inpatient to follow-up care.
- Contacts referring offices to notify physician of a patient’s admittance and/or obtain necessary information on admitted patients.
- Communicates with the referring physicians regarding admitted patients.
- Ensures the discharge summary is sent to the referring physician’s office within 48 hours of discharge.
- Follows up with patients after discharge to confirm the patient’s appointment with their PCP.
The PICs do not provide clinical care to patients.