Providers' Quick Guide
Outpatient infusion services
To refer a patient
Address: Goshen Center for Cancer Care, 200 High Park Ave, Goshen, IN 46526 Map
Phone: (574) 364-2963, Option #2
Fax: (574) 364-2983
Outpatient infusion hours:
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 12 noon
Services needed outside of these hours must be coordinated through the house supervisor.
All patients must have appointments and arrive on time. Please be sure the patient knows the time of their appointment.
The Alice A and Rex Martin Infusion Center is located at Goshen Center for Cancer Care (connected to Goshen Hospital). We provide a wide variety of infusion and injection services in a relaxed setting where patients (and their families) feel comfortable and genuinely cared for by our friendly and personable staff.
Our infusion rooms include:
Our services include
- Comfortable recliner seating designed for patients receiving infusions
- Televisions so they can watch regular TV, play video games or watch relaxation videos of nature scenes
- Meals, nutritious snacks and beverages are available
Instructions for scheduling patients
- Blood transfusions
- CADD pump
- Implanted port flushes and port blood draws
- Intramuscular, subcutaneous, IV push and IV infusions for antibiotics, diuretics and hydration
- Iron infusions (Venofer)
- Lovenox bridge with associated blood work
- Osteoporosis medications (Reclast infusions, Boniva IV, or Prolia SQ)
- PICC line care, declotting and removal
- Rabies series (after initial treatment of wound in the office or ED)
- Remicade, cimzia, xolair and other specialized infusions
- Therapeutic phlebotomies
Please follow these steps:
- Fill out the updated DTS order.
- The ICD-10 codes can be obtained from the provider managing the care.
- A provider with admitting privileges must be included on the order.
- Email the order document. Please include ‘confidential’ in the subject line to ensure the email is secure.
- Following our current process, the precertification number must be provided by the referring office prior to therapy.
- In the case of a blood transfusion, biologic or chemotherapy order, verification of a signed informed consent must be presented with the precertification. No patient with an order for blood transfusion, biologic, or chemotherapy infusion will be scheduled or treated without informed consent verification.
- If same day add on, please email the order and call (574) 364-2963 for approval and to confirm arrival time.
- The DTS order will be reviewed. Once accepted, the infusion center scheduling department will call the ordering provider’s office with an appointment date and time. For the initial infusion center visit, the ordering provider’s office is responsible for informing the patient of the scheduled date and time. Subsequent visits (if needed) will be communicated with the patient by the infusion center scheduling department.
- If an incomplete DTS order is received, the infusion center scheduling department will notify the provider’s office for completion before acceptance of the order or scheduling of the patient.
As a reminder, all patients must have scheduled appointments. Walk-in services are not accepted.