Providers' Quick Guide
To refer a patient
Address: 200 High Park Avenue, Goshen, IN 46526 Maps
Phone: (574) 364-2400
Fax: (574) 364-2410
Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Lung screenings help detect signs of cancer early, before symptoms begin. Many people who have smoked over 20 years and are 50 years or older are at high risk and may qualify for this screening. Early detection gives you more options for treatment.
The following patients meet criteria to be screened:
Group 1: If patient is a current smoker he/she must first meet two criteria. If patient has quit smoking he/she must meet all three criteria below.
- 55 years or older
- Smoked at least 30 pack years*
- Quit smoking within the last 15 years
: Patient must meet first two criteria PLUS one additional risk factor listed below.
Additional risk factors include:
- 50 years or older
- Smoked at least 20 pack years*
- Have one or more risk factors other than second-hand smoke
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) or Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Having had certain cancers
- A parent, sibling or child with lung cancer
- Major contact with radon, asbestos, arsenic, beryllium, cadmium, chromium, nickel, coal smoke, soot, silica or diesel fumes