Get well soon, without the waiting room.
Virtual Visits let you talk to your doctor through a two-way video chat on any smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer with video and audio capabilities. It’s face-to-face, one-on-one healthcare from the comfort of home—or anywhere you happen to be.
Simple, secure and safe.
Virtual visits are private and conducted over a secure connection, to protect your personal health information. They’re also billed through insurance, just like traditional office visits.
Tips for a successful virtual visit:
- Set up an account and get familiar with the Virtual Visits platform before your appointment.
- Test your internet connection, microphone and camera before your appointment.
- Write down what you want to discuss ahead of time.
- Find a quiet place away from windows or other screens.
- Turn off voice-activated smart speakers to avoid being recorded.
What can a virtual visit be used for?
Virtual visits can replace office visits for most reasons you normally schedule an appointment with your primary care provider. We can treat you for common conditions like colds, the flu, a cough, fever, sore throat, nausea, pink eye or urinary tract infection. We can also do a virtual visit for managing chronic conditions and prescriptions. For specialty care, virtual visits can be used for new patient appointments and follow-up care.
Can I have a virtual visit for flu-like symptoms or COVID-19 concerns?
Yes. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, your provider can screen, evaluate your symptoms and provide next steps.
How do I schedule a virtual visit?
To schedule a virtual visit, call your provider's office directly.