Diabetes education and training programs
It's a fact – the more you learn about how your diabetes affects you, the more you can control your overall health. That's why we offer comprehensive diabetes education and training at Goshen Health.
The right program for you
Whether you are newly diagnosed or need a refresher, we have classes, seminars and one-on-one training to help you. Individual and classroom training sessions offer real-life guidance and ongoing support.
- Healthy eating and meal planning
- Exercise/Physical activity
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Medications for diabetes
- Goal setting/Problem solving
- Healthy coping
- Risk reduction of developing complications associated with diabetes
- Insulin pump and personal glucose monitor training
Rest assured that your referring physician always receives and monitors your data to make sure your diabetes remains under control.
Get a referral and get started
You need a physician's referral to participate in most Goshen Hospital Diabetes Education Programs.
- Request a referral from your primary care physician
- Or call (574) 364-2746 to talk with one of our diabetes educators. We can help you get the necessary referral from your healthcare provider.
The diabetes education program at Goshen Hospital is accredited by the American Diabetes Association. Medicare and most health plans consider diabetes self-management training a covered benefit.
Classes and programs
We offer a variety of programs for you and your family on how to prevent or live with diabetes. You do not need a physician's referral to participate in these programs.
- Prevention seminars on adult Type 2 diabetes
- Support groups are available to people who have diabetes and their family members. We discuss relevant topics and allow time for questions and answers. Once a quarter, we have a large group seminar with special speakers and activities. The Diabetes Support Group held in Goshen is a FREE service, and no registration is required.
- Proactive Diabetes Class
Call (574) 364-2746 for more information about Living with Diabetes Education & Training Programs at Goshen Health.