Holistic cancer treatments for your well-being
We know that strengthening your body's natural defenses and easing mental apprehensions can greatly affect your health. And a strong body, mind and spirit allow you to more easily fight cancer. Here at Goshen Center for Cancer Care, you and your doctor may decide to combine treatments that attack the disease with therapies that focus on maintaining your physical, emotional and spiritual health.
Benefits of integrative cancer therapy
Blending noninvasive, natural therapies with conventional treatments helps you improve your well-being before, during and after cancer treatment. Rest assured, we use scientific evidence to determine the right combination of medicines for your specific condition.
Whether your treatment plan includes surgery or chemotherapy, radiation or watchful waiting, integrative cancer therapies are an important part of your cancer treatment.
- Strengthen your body to attack the cancer
- Cope with the side effects of cancer treatments, such as nausea, pain, and fatigue
- Reduce stress and ease concerns about cancer treatment
- Gain control over your well-being
- Build your body's defenses to protect against cancer in the future
Types of integrative therapies
- Acupuncture therapy – offers a relatively painless way to reduce the side effects of traditional cancer treatment and maximize the body’s response to treatment.
- Mind-body healing – teaches you how to better cope with the rigors of a cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Naturopathic medicine – stimulates the body’s natural healing process, supports the immune system and identifies and removes obstacles that hinder recovery.
- Nutrition therapy – helps you develop a nutrition plan specifically for your condition.
- Supportive services – offer ways to cope with the effects of cancer on you, your caregivers and loved ones.
We can help
Whether you have just received a diagnosis or you're looking for a second opinion, we can help you better understand how integrative therapies maintain your well-being.
Call (888) 492-HOPE
to talk with our oncology information specialists.