Say goodnight to sleep disorders
Everyone misses a little sleep now and then. But if your sleeping problem becomes chronic or long term, you may have a sleep disorder. Not getting enough sleep can interfere with your daytime activities, affecting your quality of life. It can also increase your risk of health problems such as obesity, heart disease, depression and diabetes.
Goshen Sleep Disorders Center has a full range of treatment options for sleep disorders. Our patients often experience rapid and significant relief and find that a good night’s sleep can result in a whole new outlook on life.
Your primary care provider may want to refer you to Goshen Sleep Disorders Center for further testing and treatment from a board certified sleep specialist.
Types of sleep disorders we treat
At Goshen Sleep Disorders Center, we can address any sleep disorder symptoms, including bedwetting, headaches and nocturnal seizures. Through an integrated approach, we treat all types of sleep problems, such as:
- Insomnia – The inability to fall or stay asleep through the night. It’s the most common sleep disorder in the U.S., affecting 30 percent of adults.
- Narcolepsy – Excessive daytime sleepiness with sudden muscle weakness.
- Parasomnias – Emotions, behaviors and activities that take place while you’re sleeping, such as sleepwalking, sleep talking, sleep aggression, sleep eating and nightmares.
- Restless legs syndrome (RLS) – The overwhelming urge to move your legs at night, usually in response to feelings of tingling, burning, achiness or itching.
- Sleep apnea – Having breathing pauses during sleep that last at least 10 seconds. Typical symptoms include loud snoring, gasping and choking noises.
How to get good sleep
An important part of treatment is determining what’s causing your sleep disorder. Trouble sleeping is often linked to another condition, such as Alzheimer’s disease, depression, anxiety, substance abuse and chronic pain. However, some sleep disorders happen on their own.
Our team of board certified sleep specialists treat the cause and create a personalized plan to improve your sleep. Tips for getting good sleep include:
- Have a bedtime routine
- Limit alcohol, nicotine and caffeine
- Don’t eat too close to bedtime
- Keep your room cool and dark
- Avoid daytime napping
- Exercise regularly
Goshen Sleep Disorders Center is an accredited lab by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. We are committed to providing the expert treatment and resources you need to get a good night’s sleep.
Talk with your doctor about seeing a board certified sleep specialist at Goshen Sleep Disorders Center.
Goshen Sleep Disorders Center serves Elkhart County and beyond by offering relief for sleep disorders in Goshen, IN.